Monday 3 January 2011

Red Pill or Blue Pill?


I feel like Neo at present in that scene out of the Matrix where he is offered the choice of two pills, taking the blue will cause the story to end and he'll wake up in his own bed, or he can take the red pill, he'll stay in wonderland and be shown 'how deep the rabbit hole goes'.

I've had the best part of 3 weeks off work, spending the time with the family.  It's been fantastic, seeing Callum and Kate all day every day and doing family things.

Tomorrow though, is the first day back at work, unlike Neo, I don't have the choice and will instead be forced to take the blue pill, waking up in my normal life, with the normal routine to be re-established.

I guess the only change will be the new higher level of training I've been doing.  Getting through the day with the earlier starts that are required for the higher miles will probably going to take some getting used to, but I guess that's what they invented coffee for.

I think I've changed over the last couple of weeks, I now feel more like a runner, where before I was more content riding, I now love running.  I took my ipod with me for the first time in a fair while yesterday, within 10 minutes i was tearing out my earphones and shoving them into my pocket.  I've even got a massage roller for gods sake.

More tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment