Wednesday 11 May 2011

It's been a while..

Hasn't it? and I can't even think of a good reason why..

With the possible exception of having not done something worthy of sitting down and putting fingers to keyboard for.  Guess I just got lazy.

So, what's been happening?

Well, following the half marathon, I decided the best way of treating myself was a nice healthy dose of tonsillitis..  Have you ever had it? if you can answer no, I strongly suggest you do as much as you can to keep it that way.

It felt as though I had the worst flu I've experienced, not the sort of flu that people get when they sneeze twice in as many minutes, proper flu.. can't stand up or move without everything hurting flu, alongside a throat that had me contemplating how feasible a spittoon would be.  From running a half marathon one week, I was unable to get to the fridge the next.  The associated weight loss programme may catch on though..


I've only ridden a few times since, a couple of short rides by myself, much needed, getting out and slowly spinning my legs on trails I wanted to ride rather than trying to keep up with the normal Wednesday night rocket ships.  I've still managed a crash though.  Embarrassing, but it was with Kate and Callum on a 'family' ride.  A dip onto some gravelly berms to 'show Kate how to ride them' led to me leaving a healthy amount of my left arm and leg in the middle of the forest.

Tomorrow.. well tomorrow I'll be packing up and pointing the car towards Sheffield at silly o'clock for an interview.  Who knows, my riding experiences may soon become a little broader :)

No comments:

Post a Comment