Tuesday 6 September 2011

Two forward...

And one back..

I've really got back into the swing of getting out putting the miles in over the last month or so, I'm starting to feel better for it too.  My resting heart rate has dropped to around 50 and legs which had softened from a lack of decent training time are now getting me up hills with seemingly less effort and more speed.  I know there is a long way still to go until I feel ready to tackle the big events that normally form the basis of my event calendar, but I'm hoping to take a leaf out of FKK's recent efforts in the 24/12 where they finished a fantastic 9th in the mens race and I'm already starting to fill my mental diary up with a wishlist of events.

Road riding is forming the majority of my biking miles at the present, and, with the stunning scenery of South Yorkshire to play in it's no real wonder, indeed, I think I'd need a clout round the back of the head with a large object if it didn't drag me out and along.

Over the past few weeks I've found myself getting out with absoloutely no idea of where I'm going, rides often teeter close to 40 miles due to my *ahem* navigational issues and such is the enjoyment I've discovered in getting out on the road and letting the miles slip soundlessly under my tyres I've even started looking into Sportive events.. something that I never thought I'd say.. it's too early to go all roadie just yet but never say never

The two back I mentioned at the start of this post is about the sniffle I've got at present, last week I felt pretty good, clocking up about 80 miles on the road and 4 hours of gym time.  Getting home both CJ and Kate were suffering with colds.. I started getting the Vit C into me but I've got a feeling the damage has been done, monday saw me feeling heavy legged and by half 9 I was more than ready for bed, today I feel better, skipping my morning gym session but venturing out on blustery roads to get in 20 miles, 19 of which seemed to be into a bastard headwind, the last 8 saw heavy sideways rain stinging my arms and face but I feel better for getting out.

Lets just hope its not the last of the week eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment